Project Manager - Biomass Heating
Dunster Biomass Heating Ltd are regarded as one the best Biomass companies within the industry, working at some of the most prestigious properties in the UK. This means that the products and services we deliver have to be of the highest standard and we pride ourselves on this.
We are a business with big ambition, we currently have contracts with several large organisations to install Biomass systems at multiple sites around the UK as well as having several hundred service & maintenance contracts on our books.
Dunster’s passionate team work together to deliver some challenging projects, with our head offices based in Somerset and another office in Scotland, we cover the country on various commercial and industrial sites.
About the Role
You will work alongside and report to the Operations & Contracts Manager and Technical Director, playing a vital role in the successful delivery of our current workload. You will be responsible for the planning and day to day management of major projects which will involve running several projects in parallel from conception to commissioning and final production handover.
- Review project proposals, bids from contractors and plans, liaising with the Operations & Contracts Manager.
- Manage sub-contractors, on price and delivery of works within budget.
- Successfully work alongside our direct labour workforce ensuring efficient working while maintaining safety standards across the projects.
- Determine project specifications, design, requirements, and performance standards; preparing cost estimates for any additions on site.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring progress; coordinating activities; recommending actions and resolving problems.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing the Company's procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Implement the Site Quality Management Systems ensuring the approved audit procedure is fully complied with.
- Ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified.
- Monitor the performance of contractors on site and ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications adopting 'Right First Time Philosophy'
- Witness testing, commissioning and performance testing of installations, ensuring all permits are in place and documentation is accurately completed.
About the Successful Candidate
You will be a result orientated professional with experience in Process, M&E installation, proficient with site work and some experience of construction and ground works would be beneficial. Dunster believe that experience is vital for this position so this role will be open to those without Degree qualifications also. If you are a highly motivated, appropriately skilled Project Manager that is able to work well under pressure to carry out engineering projects, budgeting and day to day management of site inspection activities, we are very interested in hearing from you.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in Engineering, M&E installations management or a similar field.
- A University degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical (not essential).
- Experience with site Management, with a proven record working with site safety systems.
- Evidences of skills in Contractor Management.
- IOSH Managing safely (not essential)
- SMSTS qualified (not essential)
- CSCS Managers card (not essential)
- Track record of budget management and executing programs against time constraints.
- Capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Good Communication Skills and teamwork capabilities.
- Thorough, methodical and studious by nature.
- Self-Starter, high level of self-motivation and available for on-call duty outside of normal working hours.
- Experienced with Management of Change.
- Poficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driving license and ability to travel essential.
- Located, or capable of being located, within commuting distance of Taunton.
In return, Dunster offers the right candidate a dynamic but supportive and friendly environment in which to develop. We offer a very competitive salary, company car, Iphone, laptop, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in applying to this role, please forward your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org