Expert biomass and ground source heat pump installations for estates and farms
Dunster has extensive experience working with owners in the rural sector, designing, delivering and maintaining biomass and ground source heat pump systems, catering to multiple properties, whether retrofit or new build. Using proven products and technology, we work with customers to develop tailored, workable and long-lasting solutions.
Dunster’s wood chip or wood fuelled heating systems offer country house owners the opportunity to save on fuel by as much as 50%; savings are highest where the installation displaces LPG or oil.
Biomass benefits: estates and farms
- Increased savings: woodchip can deliver heat at between 1.5 - 3.5p kWh, versus oil or LPG at 5p kWh and electricity at 12p+ kWh.
- Attractive payback: receive RHI payments for up to 20 yrs, with a good return on investment of between 5%- 25%.
- Ability to integrate: biomass can integrate with your existing system (gas boiler or electric fire) fulfilling space, under floor and water heating requirements at higher temperatures.
- Reduced environmental footprint: great for your corporate social responsibility and reputation.
- Green credentials: helps differentiate from competitors and makes it easier to gain planning permissions.
Help fund your boiler: Dunster has teamed up with an investment partner to offer a unique funding facility for biomass installations qualifying for the domestic RHI.
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Our heat pumps can reduce your heating costs by a minimum of 50% in comparison to oil and LPG and offer heating, cooling and domestic hot water services. Planning permission is not required and our products have a 20 year ‘fit and forget’ lifespan.
GSHP benefits: estates and Farms
- 20yrs commercial RHI payments: excellent return of between 10% and 25%, with a payback period of approx. 5 years commercially.
- Higher control & efficiency: 100% individual zone control, heating and/or cooling, increasing occupant comfort and net system energy efficiency.
- Significant savings: Up to 50% savings compared to conventional heating system running costs.
- Integral HVAC and DHW: production of heating, cooling, industrial hot water and even pool heating with a single installation.
- User friendly: fully automated systems, which are controlled by simple thermostats.
- Clean and safe: no fuel required and no flames or smoke generated – you can say goodbye to storage tanks and exhaust gas ducts.
- Reliable: durable system lasts over 50+ years thanks to proven and well-known technology, with little to no maintenance.
Which solution works best for you? We’re ready to help:01823 669 137