9 Signs That Your Boiler Needs Servicing
In order to reduce your energy bills and have an energy efficient heating system, servicing your boiler yearly is crucial. It is also a requirement under the OFGEM regulations to maintain your boiler following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
There are a variety of signs which may indicate that your boiler needs servicing. Pick up your phone and give us a call if you notice any of the following:
- Fuel consumption increase
- Output of boiler decreasing, i.e. not getting the heat levels previously supplied
- Excessive black smoke production during combustion
- Excessive visual levels of unburnt fuel within the ash deposit chamber
- Excessive visual levels of soot within the combustion chamber
- Excessive levels of clinker within the combustion chamber (clinker is solidified ash which has been taken past its melting point and allowed to cool)
- Large yellow, wispy flames within the combustion chamber
- Excessive flue gas temperatures at exit point of boiler
- Adverse changes in the O2 content of the flue gasses causing inefficient combustion
If you are unsure of the faults- no problems! We have the ability to diagnose issues through remote monitoring the heat output from a boiler to a property or part of the system. We can also evaluate your system and give you a comprehensive report. Our servicing and maintenance team will be able to tackle all these issues in a quick and reliable way!
Call us: 01823 669 137
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 May 2016 - Sneak Peak: Stages of a Biomass Installation
9 May 2016 - Biomass Boiler Maintenance Tips
28 April 2016 - Expert Insight in to the sustainability credentials of biomass
12 April 2016 - Dunster Director Zooms into First Place!
8 April 2016 - Important RHI Changes
15 March 2016 - Energy Saving Tips
30 January 2016 - Dunster Apprentice Wins Prestigious Award
6 October 2015 - Dunster wins one of the first Froling CHP 50 installations in the UK
5 October 2015 - Dunster Biomass Heating outgrows existing offices